Sunday, February 6, 2011

Will You Share What You Have Been Given?

Read John 13:1-17

Focus: (14) Jesus says, "Since I have washed your feet you should wash each others." He gave us an example to follow. "Do as I have done for you." (17) That is the path of blessing. (John 13: 14,17 NLT)

Sometimes we struggle so much with what we should be doing for others, or, are we even obligated to help others? "Why should we, we did it on our own and we made it, right?" How many of you have thought, or perhaps, said it? Well, I have. I wrestled with the thought a few times, but you know, in my deepest, darkess, times of struggling, testing of my faith, or when the storms raged so fiercly I thought I should really just die, the Spirit of the Lord was there. God's love would not allow me to give up. I thought I gave up, but somehow, when I was on the floor, I could sink not lower, there was a strength within that would cause me to get UP!

The strength in me, as the Bible says, "He is made strong, when I am weak." Yes, that's the strength that has gotten me up. I can't explain it, but it moves beyond my physical self. I use that as an example of what Jesus is saying to His disciples when He wrapped the towel around His waist, filled the basin (bowl) with water and proceeded to kneel and wash each of their feet. Peter was a little uncomfortable, he even said, "you will not wash my feet."... However, Jesus was setting an example; the example of humility. He knew who He was, and why He came, but that was not the focus, His focus was to example a servant's heart. When Jesus steps into your life and does for you things that you know in your heart you don't deserve, He is showing you how valuable you are; how much He loves you.

The same un-deserving love that was given to you, time and time again, should be shown to others that God allows to cross you path. How many times have you messed up on your finances or relationships that you share? But, somehow, you find yourself restored, forgiven, and starting over again. If you have been on the receiving end of father's unfailing love, shouldn't you be ready, willing, and able to show this same love to another?

Phil. 2:3-4 Jesus says, "don't be selfish; don't live to make a good impression on others, be humble, thinking of others as better than yourself. Don't think only about your own affairs, but be interested in others, too, and what they are doing."

I leave you with this thought; the next person God allows to cross your path may be in need of something that you have received from the Father in the past, will you be ready, willing, and able to share?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice! I think like that too, and wonder sometimes if he sees it, because at times I get discouraged because I'm always the one getting hurt or coming out the loser...but I kno now that he sees everything and that I kno my good deeds are seen and he rewards those who walk in his faith.:)

Robynne143 said...

God loves His children. He sees everything that is done by you and to you. I would love to say "Never" doubt His love, which is the right thing to say. But Iknow better. There are times, the human times when we question, and its okay. His love never fails anyway.

God needs you. He needs you to touch the hearts of those that are hurting. He needs your voice to speak to those who earnestly wait to hear kind words. Those that have not been exposed to kindness, but harsh, critical, condeming words. Will you be the one that is willing to share your heart and voice with those that God will send your way?

Be strong in the Lord and He will continue to renew your strength.

God Bless you in your endeavors.